Jeep Off-Roading Features
What Features are Available?
Take the road less travelled with the off-roading power of a Jeep. With a strong build and plenty of features to keep you safe, you can trust that your drive will be in your control. Get ready to be messy and have fun with features like:
- Select Trac®, Command Trac®, or Rock Trac® 4×4 Systems
- Off-Road Differentials
- Dana® Heavy Duty Axles
- Skid Plates
- Body-on-Frame Design
- Hill Descent Control
- Hill Start Assist
How Can You Prepare Your Jeep for Off-Roading?
If you’re thinking about taking an off-road adventure near Goldsboro, there are a few things you need to do to get your truck ready. Here’s what you need to keep in mind to make sure your off-roading explorations don’t leave you stuck in the mud:
- Check your clearance – A low-riding vehicle can get hung up on rocks, boulders, and brush and sustain serious damage on rough roads, so make sure you’ve got enough clearance.
- Build up – If you plan on doing extreme off-roading, especially on rocky terrain, it’s a good idea to add skid plates to the underside of the vehicle to protect the transfer case and fuel tank.
- Check your tires – When you’re driving off-road, slightly deflating the tires will improve grip by allowing more rubber to connect with the road.
- Be prepared – Make sure that you have extra gallons of fuel, extra water, an air compressor, and basic tools just in case your vehicle breaks down.
Find the Right Off-Roading Truck at Doug Henry CDJR
Find your new Jeep at Doug Henry CDJR near Goldsboro and start your adventure today. Get pre-approved for financing to hit the trails faster and then head over to our Kinston location to find your perfect Jeep today. Jeep models come with enhanced engine options so whether you choose a Jeep Renegade for off-roading, or a Grand Cherokee for its towing capacity, you’ll be impressed with how Jeep SUVs perform. You can also come to us to compare models like the Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. 2019 Jeep Cherokee or for local recommendations, like restaurants and historical attractions in the area!